Transferring tokens to the smart contract address will not redeem them. You need to complete the specific requestWithdrawal and withdraw functions.
Redeem via the investor portal
To redeem tokens, a decentralized application (dApp) is hosted on the Invictus website in the portal. This dApp requires that you redeem via MetaMask or the Invictus Wallet.
- Navigate to the 'redeem' section under 'CRYPTO20'
- Select the wallet to redeem from. This will either be your Invictus Wallet or a MetaMask account. If your C20 tokens are in a different address, you must transfer them to one of these addresses to use the redemption dApp
- Make sure your Invictus Wallet/MetaMask account has a small amount of ETH in it to cover network transaction fees. The amount of ETH required varies; you can check the ETH gas station or Etherscan's gas tracker
- Confirm the amount of tokens to redeem. You will receive an estimate of the amount of ETH you will receive in return. We have a forward-pricing policy
- If using your Invictus Wallet: enter your wallet passcode and submit the transaction
- If using MetaMask: submit the transaction
- Wait for the price update to pass (these happen hourly, there is a countdown on the dApp) and refresh the page. You should be able to execute the withdraw now either from MetaMask or the Invictus Wallet. If using your Invictus Wallet, do not forget to enter your passcode
- You must complete the withdrawal to receive your ETH
It is also possible to redeem tokens from a hardware wallet, in concert with MetaMask, and thus you can use the website dApp. Please see the following: